Chilwell Manor Golf Club, founded in 1906, is a thriving private members club owned and managed by its members. We pride ourselves, not only on our inclusive golfing infrastructure but also our warmth of welcome and active social scene.
Our all year round course is a challenge to golfers of all levels of ability and we have recently developed a practice ground including two covered driving bays for members’ use and coaching within the wider community.
As a Golf Roots Centre, we work closely with our own Juniors, local schools and the wider community in order to promote the sport.
To fill our vacancy for a Head PGA Professional, we require an exceptional individual to form a Pro team and strategically drive the Club to its next level of development. The successful applicant will provide an outstanding level of customer service to both members and our numerous visitors, and also have an innovative and demonstrable track record of improvement within a golfing environment.
• PGA Qualifications and experience of proactively promoting and managing high-quality coaching of Club members and non-golfers in the wider community.
• A self-motivated high achiever who is creative and energetic.
• Customer focused with the ability to communicate warmly and naturally as an ambassador for the Club.
• Experience in managing a well-stocked retail golf shop providing custom-fit and repair facilities.
• To support our Club teams in competitions.
• An ability to proactively market the Club through a range of media and lead the Club's Marketing team.
• To have previously worked as a service-contracted professional.
• To represent the Club in regional competitions.
This is a self-employed (service contract) position with the expectation that the successful candidate will employ an assistant who is, or will train to be, a PGA Professional. In the light of this, remuneration, in the form of a retainer, will be attractively pitched.
The retainer will be supplemented, and incentivised, by income generated from retail activities, coaching programmes and green-fee percentages. There is also the opportunity to generate income via the promotion of Visitor and Society Golf which will also be incentivised.
For further information, which will be administered in the strictest confidence, please contact the Club Secretary, Dianne Whittaker, at email@example.com. You will then be provided with a comprehensive job description and details of the selection process for this attractive position. The deadline for applications is Friday 6th November 2020.